Exercise: Creating a vision board
A vision board is a visualization tool that represents your goals and dreams. It is a tool you can use to visualize your ideal life on a regular basis. Visualization activates the creative powers of your subconscious mind and programs your brain to notice available resources that were always there but escaped your notice.
Through the Law of Attraction, visualization also magnetizes and attracts to you the people, resources, and opportunities you need to achieve your goal.
There is only one major rule to creating a vision board and it’s that there aren’t any rules! The purpose of your vision board is to hold your focus and serve as a beacon to the universe to bring everything on it to life – your life! So, use your feeling self to put things on it that inspire and motivate you.
What you will need:
- Any kind of board – pin board, piece of cardboard or even a large bit of paper.
- Scissors, tape, pins, and/or a glue-stick to put your board together.
- If you want, glitter, stickers, ribbons and anything that ‘adds life’ to your pictures
- Magazines that you can cut images and quotes from.
- Give yourself a stress-free hour or two to put your board together.
How to create it:
- First, think about what your goals are in the following areas: health, relationships, career, finances, home, travel, personal growth (including spirituality, social life, and education).
- Write down what you want in each of the areas. Always handwrite your goals instead of typing them, as it is much more powerful than typing them on a keyboard.
- Once you have written a list of goals, now take time to look through magazines and find pictures that represent what you have written down.
- Now, take all of your pictures and glue them to your board/paper. Be creative and make it uniquely you. Pin it up where you will see it each day.
Tip: Your Vision Board should always make you smile and feel good, if it doesn’t (for whatever reason) maybe you need to make some changes – or create a new one. It shouldn’t feel like a burden or spiral your thoughts down into a negative path. It is meant to inspire and motivate!